Sunday, February 13, 2011

Quick and Easy No Bake Cookies


Ryan asks for these every week. They are so easy to make! I would recommend using the quick bake oats instead of the regular ones though. The first time I made it, I used regular ones. They were good, but the oatmeal was really chewy. Lesson learned.

No-Bake Chocolate, Peanut Butter & Oatmeal Cookies

Yield: 2 to 3 dozen cookies
Prep Time: 10 minutes | Cooling Time: 30 minutes

½ cup (1 stick) butter
2 cups granulated sugar
½ cup milk
4 tablespoons cocoa powder
½ cup peanut butter
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
3 cups quick-cooking oats

1. Add the first four ingredients (through the cocoa powder) to a 4-quart saucepan.
2. Bring to a rolling boil and let boil for 1 minute.
3. Remove from heat.
4. Stir in the peanut butter and vanilla until smooth, then stir in the oats.
5. Drop by heaping tablespoons onto wax paper-lined baking sheets.
6. Let cool until set. (And they really do set! I was skeptical...)

Another Brown Eyed Baker recipe. Yum!

2 comments:

  1. Hmmm, maybe I'll try this once I'm better and more ambitious. Have you ever tried making them without the PB? Not a big fan of PB and chocolate mixed together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never tried it before. I'm not a big peanut butter fan...but for some reason I like these. If you try it, let me know!

    ReplyDelete