Monday, March 21, 2011

Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies

This recipe is already in the family cookbook, but I absolutely love it...so I'm going to post it again. This cookie recipe is unique because it has no egg in it, so Ryan doesn't feel guilty about eating the cookie dough. Seriously, best. cookies. ever.

1 cup soft butter
1 cup brown sugar
1 t baking soda
¼ cup boiling water
1 t vanilla
1 ¼ cup flour
½ t salt
2 cups quick oats
12 oz semisweet chocolate chips
  1. Cream butter and sugar together.
  2. Dissolve baking soda in boiling water, stir into butter/sugar mixture.
  3. Add vanilla, then dry ingredients and chocolate chips.
  4. Drop small balls onto ungreased  cookie sheet.
  5. Bake 10-12 minutes at 350 degrees.

Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. I love this recipe, too. We add egg, though. Gotta get as much protein as possible into Jayden's tummy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I wasn't so lazy and worried about my weight. I'd go make this right now...

    ReplyDelete